Re: Sidewinder's announcment

William McVey (wam@lv426.cc.purdue.edu)
Wed, 12 Oct 1994 16:43:26 EST

"Michael Neuman" wrote:
>  Seems like they're confused about their own news releases. According
>to their technical FAQ, they put sidwinder on the net and issued an
>"open challenge" to all hackers, and no one got in. In this news
>release, they claimed it wouldn't be on the net until after the 11th.

No, as I understand it, they are two separate challenges.  The
first one was to challenge anyone/everyone to break into a Sidewinder
site.  This challenge has been deemed unsuccessful by the folx at
sidewinder.com.  That challenge is now over.  The current (or rather
future) challenge is given initial access to a Sidewinder host, to
penetrate another Sidewinder host on their local network.

 -- William McVey
    CS Department
    Purdue University